Monday, October 25, 2010

Many Updates at the Farm!

Well, we’ve been so busy at the farm with very exciting changes, entertaining, travel and simply enjoying this incredibly beautiful fall season that I haven’t had a chance to provide an update in well…too long! Now I almost don’t know where to begin! Let’s start with some updates on the farm’s human inhabitants :)…
While I’ve been very, very happy with my position and I was not looking for a change, a company that I have known and respected for some time reached out to me last month with an offer I simply could not refuse (literally ;). So I accepted! Starting this week I have taken on a new role as Sales Manager for Speech Solutions for all of North America and Canada – yep, exciting!
This is a tremendous opportunity for me and for my family and one of the very best parts is that we don’t need to move. I will be travelling a bit (of course) but when I am not on the road, I can enjoy a home office at the farm which my company set up for me (they rock!). So I have officially converted our sunroom into my new office :).

While I still need to get a few things, I have to admit, I just can’t beat the view or the commute. I thought of having my husband video tape my commute this morning as I walked from the kitchen to the sunroom with coffee in hand, but decided that might be a bit too melodramatic ;). So yes, I am excited – we are all excited and feeling incredibly grateful and blessed with this new opportunity!


Meanwhile, our ladies are laying eggs like Crazy! And one of them (or maybe more than one?) is laying honestly the largest eggs I have ever seen. Here is a pic of the latest “jumbo” egg – a double-yoker. Now I do have relatively dainty hands, but honestly the thing is huge! It wouldn’t even fit in the carton! All of this confirms my theory that happy chickens really do lay better eggs and these ladies are really, really happy… :)
The boys (or our goats) are doing fabulously well also. They have gotten a bit fluffier as fall set in. I had no idea that goats got a thicker coat in winter, but our boys have and they look so cute and snuggly! We have also discovered that these goats are very much companion animals. If we are out and about on the grounds doing work or playing (as we often do) the boys really want to be near us. We don’t have to go to any special trouble to contain them, they simply stick around us and munch on dried leaves. That’s been pretty cool.

In other news, we entertained a lot this past month including dear friends of ours who came down to the farm to celebrate their anniversary – so nice! Naturally I put on a huge Brunch for them and loved every minute of it (stay tuned for recipes and pics)!

We are now gearing up for a trip to the beach and while we are looking forward to it, I have to admit, it’s hard leaving the beauty and the serenity of our lovely farm…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Real time update...Eli score 3 goals at his game last night! Awesome! We are so proud! :)

Post a Comment