My husband is Extremely romantic. This means that it's very difficult for me to "one up" him on Valentine's Day. Every Valentine's Day for the past 17 years, my husband has written me a love poem and his writing is haunting and beautiful (not corny or prosaic at all). I should really publish some of these poems, but I experience them as so intensely private that I never have. In addition to that, there is always roses, my favorite chocolate and a memorable time together - whether it's a dinner out or a getaway weekend. Yeah, he's something else :). But this year...this year was different. I finally got him! I planned it for weeks and I managed to keep it a secret. On Valentine's Day morning I had the perfect excuse for my husband and I to stop at our lovely little church before making a road trip. Little did he know that I had arranged with our Priest for us to renew our vows in our Christian faith that morning. It wasn't fancy. It was just my husband and I and our Priest and well...the Holy Spirit. It was simply divine.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Simply Divine
My husband is Extremely romantic. This means that it's very difficult for me to "one up" him on Valentine's Day. Every Valentine's Day for the past 17 years, my husband has written me a love poem and his writing is haunting and beautiful (not corny or prosaic at all). I should really publish some of these poems, but I experience them as so intensely private that I never have. In addition to that, there is always roses, my favorite chocolate and a memorable time together - whether it's a dinner out or a getaway weekend. Yeah, he's something else :). But this year...this year was different. I finally got him! I planned it for weeks and I managed to keep it a secret. On Valentine's Day morning I had the perfect excuse for my husband and I to stop at our lovely little church before making a road trip. Little did he know that I had arranged with our Priest for us to renew our vows in our Christian faith that morning. It wasn't fancy. It was just my husband and I and our Priest and well...the Holy Spirit. It was simply divine.

2 comments:
That is the best Valentine's gift I have heard of!! Very cool, Jen!
Thank you, Noelle! We thought so too. :)
Post a Comment