I hope all our readers had a beautiful and bountiful Thanksgiving!
A Farmhouse Thanksgiving
APPETIZERS
Crab Spread
(The recipe is out of Virginia Hospitality Cookbook and my Mom has been making this for years. It is truly one of our holiday traditions.)
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
(A favorite of my Grandmother's and the boys)
FIRST COURSE
Lightly Curried Peanut Soup
(Peanut Soup is a Virginia tradition. I made mine lightly curried.)
MAINS
Traditional Roast Turkey
(Definitely the "star" weighing in at 24lbs and of course beautifully organic!)
Cornbread and Oyster Stuffing
(A Southern tradition but a first for us - this received a "thumbs up" from the boys and they want this again next year!)
Farmhouse Gravy
(I'm dubbing this "Farmhouse Gravy" it was really just the gravy I made from scratch, but I must say that it was my best ever)
Classic Mash Potatoes
(Nuff said...)
Sweet Potato Casserole
(This has become a family tradition for us. I adore this Southern recipe because it's not too sweet.)
Green Bean and Lemon Casserole
(Not really a casserole...definitely the only way that I love fresh green beans. This year the dish had a comic flair thanks to my Mom :)
Buttered Corn
Crescent Rolls
(They boys simply insist on these every year...why mess with perfection?)
DESSERTS
My Grandmother's Pecan Pie
(Truly the best and my husband's favorite)
My Grandmother's Pumpkin Roll
(My favorite!)
Pumpkin Pie
(Courtesy of Costco - Don't judge until you've tried it!)
| Our "Star" :) Just look at that beautiful bird! |
| Boys...did you start eating before grace? |
| Our Table |
| Our Wedding China along with a new pattern I've recently procured... |
No comments:
Post a Comment