Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our First Egg!

I am very excited to report that our ladies have produced their first egg! Apparently all they needed was for me to be in Japan on business ;). My husband found the lovely, light brown surprise yesterday afternoon. I'm also happy to report that our first egg is not only normal size but quite large - even bigger than some of the farm fresh eggs that we have been getting from our neighbor's flock! So it's certainly a very promising start. Before anyone asks, we have no idea exactly who is responsible, all we know is that it could not have been one of the Wyandottes...

Yes, I am a little disappointed that I was so far away from the farm on this historic occasion, however, thanks to the wonders of technology, my husband and I were able to savor the moment together and thanks to those same wonders I can also share it with all of you! Stay tuned for pics... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment