My dear friend, Jen, did this on her blog a little while ago. I enjoyed reading it and was surprised to see that, after knowing her all these years, some things did in fact surprise me! By the way, if you haven’t checked out Jen’s blog - you simply must! You are really missing out on some very well written prose from “The Only Catholic Expat Steelersfan Mommyblogger in China”.
So here it goes…10 surprising things about me that probably will not be all that surprising. As anyone who knows me knows, what you see is what you get..but maybe I have a few surprises…
1) I have a deep and abiding love of vanilla, soft serve ice cream… What might be a little surprising about this to some is that I spent years not being able to tolerate ice cream (and I found that I still can’t in large quantities ;). I used to think that soy ice cream was simply Awesome until last summer when I had real, vanilla ice cream for the first time with my husband. We were at a small, old-fashioned diner where the ice cream was homemade. Picture the diner scene from “When Harry Met Sally” except I wasn’t faking it…
2) I’m completely obsessed with a small, Japanese Chin named Suki (who I call Suki-san showing the proper respect in Japanese).
3) From time to time I secretly think of getting a tattoo, but I probably never will simply because I cannot think of a single image that I wouldn’t eventually tire of. Well, that and my husband wouldn’t like it (see #7).
4) I love gorillas and one of my dream vacations is gorilla trekking in Africa but only if I can convince my husband to come with me ;).
5) I’ve been to Africa.
6) I do have my hair highlighted, but I was also born with it ;). The color of my hair now is the same as it was when I was a little girl. You can see this now by simply looking at my youngest son who has the same hair color as me.
7) While I am ambitious and can be a high-powered biatch when I want to be in my professional life, I am quite the opposite in my personal life. The truth is, I’m pretty girly. This side of me has really surprised some people that I’ve worked with over the years when they catch a glimpse of my more personal side. In fact, a guy I worked with once told me that my duality was the most surprising thing about me and that he found it quite irresistible. It was telling that he found the duality so attractive. I guess CAKE is right…deep down every guy wants “a girl in a short skirt and a loooong jacket.” :)
8) I don’t own a Kindle. This will be surprising to some people given my love of new “gadgets” and my love of reading. Really the Kindle has been my biggest hold out… I’m an avid reader (I usually have at least two books going at any given time) but I just can’t picture snuggling up with a Kindle…
9) Now I will steal one from Jen which is also true for me (and may surprise a few readers)…I am not a registered Republican nor am I a registered Democrat. I’m registered independent and it’s mostly because I hate being categorized.
10) When I was a little girl I used to act and I had several “characters” that I created. One was “Mrs. Migillicutty” (who knows where I got that name). I have pictures of me at six years of age “in character” with curlers in my hair and a big, stuffed black snake wrapped around my neck like a boa muffler. No, I have no intention of posting those pictures! :)
All of my readers should consider themselves “tagged” – it’s fun and you just might surprise someone…maybe even yourself!
1 comment:
The ice cream thing is a surprise. I knew that your dairy tolerance has increased, but I didn't know that you could do real ice cream, too.
Post a Comment