Defying the notion that you “can’t teach a chicken” it looks like our girls are starting to master the series of ramps that we have constructed in their home. Some of these ramps simply get them to various roosting spots inside while others provide them with secure outdoor access. I've been worried that they would never venture upward, but it appears that our gentle coaxing and strategically placed grain is doing the trick. While I was able to snap some good pics of the chicks, I really wish I had video of Dan and I standing out in our PJs this morning “coaching” them upward towards the window. That (I’m sure) was priceless.It’s great progress, but I’m afraid they still haven’t ventured out to their outdoor pen. This evening, however, they may have received some inspiration from an unexpected (and I’m sure unwelcome guest).
Of course Suki maintained her characteristic dignity the entire time and once released looked at us as if to say - "I was only trying to show them..." So you decide, blunder or brilliance?
One thing is certain, there is never a dull moment at the farm! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment