Saturday, July 10, 2010

Eggs in a Basket

I love Mother Nature's little surprises on the farm...We finally got some rain around here (can I get an amen)?!? It has been very hot and dry and while we've certainly been watering them, the hanging plants on our porch were suffering. So last night we moved them off the porch so that they could get a full drink. This morning when we went to bring them in we noticed a small bird's nest containing four tiny eggs nestled inside one of our ferns. Needless to say, we probably have a very worried (and slightly irritated) mamma bird somewhere on the farm :).

For anyone who has also experienced birds nesting in their porch plants...I've heard that you can prevent this by placing a statue of an owl in the vicinity of the plants. Apparently that keeps the birds away. We haven't tried it mostly because...well we rather enjoy the birds.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment