Friday, July 2, 2010

Some Chaos and then Peace in the Barnyard...

 The boys are finally here! We welcomed Guss and Finn (pictured here smiling) last evening (and they brought a rooster with them too :). So yes, there was quite a lot of excitement at our little farm last night!
 I'm happy to report that they are doing Beautifully in their new home (after we stopped Suki from running them ragged)! They love all the space to run and play and last night (after snuggles and snacks) they even spent some time exploring their indoor home and we didn't hear a peep from them!
 Though I must say that earlier in the evening when they pressed their noses against the gate, I was preparing myself for a long night :). They are doing well, but they are Very Needy (which we expected given the transition).
  And "Joe" our new rooster seems to be doing very well too. We were a little worried about how he would...ummm...integrate in with the ladies (picture a knight crashing a convent), but they seem to have accepted Joe and he was roosting with them last night in their house when I tucked them in. Joe is a bit younger than the ladies and I think that helps him to be less threatening (I guess we have a bunch of "Cougars" out there)! Joe is also a Black Australorp (which tends to be a gentler breed).
One thing that we have realized is that we have much to learn about our lovable little critters. So we will be reading up and asking for their patience :).
So there is a lot of excitement at the farm these days, friends - stay tuned. With house guests arriving for the holiday weekend there certainly won't be a dull moment at Lachenman Gothic (just the way we like it)!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment