Or so my husband says :). Yes, I am traveling again - greetings from Tokyo! Tokyo is one of my favorite cities - so alive and so unique. Last night I had the pleasure of catching up with a friend over some of the best sushi I've ever had at my favorite sushi restaurant in Tokyo - so good!
I do love to travel and this will be a very busy, fun and productive week with a full agenda...but of course I miss the farm, my guys and all my little critters ;). And apparently, I am missed as well. Our older dog always misses me when I travel (she has been known to go into deep funks when I'm away, pouting and shooting my husband dirty looks). I think because he normally carries my bags to the car, she imagines that he is sending me off :). But I was surprised when he told me this morning that the chickens also seem miss me. Apparently there is unrest in the hen house.
Maybe I shouldn't be all that surprised...A couple days before I left, I came home from work and upon hearing the sound of my voice all my little girls came Running towards me as fast as their little legs would carry them. Now, I don't know if you have ever seen a chicken run, but it was one of the most comical (and in this case endearing) sights I have seen. Little heads bobbing and wings flapping - now that's a greeting! So maybe it isn't that surprising that they also miss me. All I can say is that they haven't been happy with my husband's attempts to feed them in the morning and are looking very suspiciously at him (picture little chicken eyes narrowing...).
So I asked him...Well, are you singing to them?!? Do you do "the little chicken voice" when you say good morning?!? To which he replied "No, I'm not doing the chicken voice or the chicken dance."
Well...no wonder they're depressed :).
2 comments:
I predict he will do the little soothing chicken voice before you are back
Too hilarious....little chicken voice! Mamma's always know best :)
Post a Comment