Musings on life, love and living in the promise land
Saturday, April 24, 2010
I Get to Call this "Work"
Since I talked a bit about work recently, here is a video that does a great job of capturing the vibe of the company I'm privileged to be a part of. Look for the octopus ;).
While Grant Wood always avoided assigning explicit meaning behind his work, American Gothic, we know that he was inspired by a house and (as he put it) "the kind of people I fancied should live in that house." Years ago my husband and I drove through a beautiful valley filled with the most charming, old farm houses. We were smitten and never forgot it. I found myself wondering about the people who might live there... Years later I was recruited by an amazing company and relocated to, of all places, that same valley where we now live in a big old farm house. This is about our time together on our lovely little farm, our often hectic but always delightful life and what I think about "living the dream".
No comments:
Post a Comment