It has also been incredibly busy. In addition to the fun we are having with our chickens, we have been busy with early spring preparation and planting. Today we got in some new perennials (like periwinkle), planted the early (and hardy) vegetables (like peas, cabbage, kale) in our garden, made some repairs to our farm truck and took it for a spin down to the river just for fun.
Just one of the very many lovely things about the farm is that we have water access to the river that runs near us. I took some pictures of it today while thinking…”No, I’m not on vacation…I live here…amazing”. It’s the trees… There are at least a dozen trees there that must be more than 200 years old. One of which has graciously accepted a rope swing. I love the trees best of all. Their presence always seems to welcome us even as it makes it clear…we are just visitors.

No comments:
Post a Comment